Skip to main content

Testing period apps

One thing I find hard about tracking my period is finding the right app to make sure that while I'm on the go, I can be protected. I know my cycle is twenty-six days long and lasts five days, and I also know my luteal phase is Twelve days long. I feel my ovulation cramps start (yes I can feel when I ovulate and its surprisingly always be accurate) I normally use Ovia Fertility and find it is always spot on but it got me thinking there are so many period apps out there that I wonder how accurate that would be for me and my cycle. I have tried a few before that I find haven't been correct, but I was determined to find the best app once and for all. Not only for myself but for you ladies too.

 I went back on my Ovia feed and recorded every single period I have had in 2020 and put it onto twelve different apps and waited a month to see which one would be correct.

I decided to download:

Clue

Endometrix

Eve

Flo

Flutter

My endo app

QENDO

Visana

Period diary

Period tracker

And apple health

 

Here are my pros and cons and overall experience.

 

Clue- the set up was very straight forward with ten questions, and it even gave helpful insight for example when I said my period last five days it had a pop up tell me it is within normal range and included references. After set up, it immediately tried to get me to pay for clue plus. The app was pretty straight forward to use, and there are loads of options of things you can track. One of the ones I liked most was the fact I can track what I was using to collect my blood in, but I dislike that I cant track how many I am using in a day. The prediction was spot on with when my period started as well.

Pros-

straight forward to use.

A lot of tracking options

Accurate predictions

Cons-

Cant track how many pads etc. you used

Colour coding is very similar in colour making it hard to see which is which

 

Endometrix- the app when you first come in is set up amazing with easy switches to show when you are flaring up and having a period, a tracking section where you can tag your symptoms and how bearable different things for the day have been. The app is for sufferers of endometriosis in mind the app was a lot more annoying to put in past data too, and they don’t have next period predictions.

Pros-

Endometriosis inclusive

Easy to use

Cons-

No period predictions 

You have to pay to use most of the features.


Eve- very easy to use, another app that wants you to pay money to use, though. The one downside is if you have two periods very close together like I did in July with my surgery it won't allow you to add a second period in which is very annoying, but the predictions were still accurate.

Pros-

Easy to use

Predictions are accurate

Cons-

They want you to pay to use a lot of the features.

Cant add close periods.

 

Flo- you have to go through and accept a lot of terms straight off before you even get into the app. What I like about this is you can accurately follow your pregnancy on this app as well. The set up was very quick to do. They have an anonymous community to support people and insights on different things that why your period is lat, acne free-living, different collection info and more. You can lock the app and have it so you have to use a code to get in and you can also add little numbers so that you know what cycle day you are on. They even have a health profile quiz with 30 questions to tailor the app to you.

Pro-

You can track pregnancy as well as your cycle.

Accurate period suggestions

Easy setup

Anonymous support community

Health insights

Tracks how many steps you walked and how far

Con-

Want you to pay to use some features

 

Flutter- was very easy to set up but kind of confusing on how to use. The prediction was way off, but the app from what I could tell is 100% free and is made for woman with endometriosis.

Pro-

Made for endometriosis

Free

Easy to set up

Community page

Con-

Not accurate period suggestions

Cant add close together periods

Confusing to use

 

apple health- it's kind of hard to go into apple health and explain what it is like to use because it's not set up for just your period but overall health

Pro-

Completely free

Con-

Apple only

No info on when you will get your period

 

Ovia fertility- it is straightforward to set up, and you can transfer your data no hassle if you land up pregnant. When your child is born, they have an online community which is helpful for many things that are 100% anonymous. You have complete control over what you track and how your home page looks, and it's straight forward, and you don’t get lost easily.

Pros-

Free

Anonymous community

Your details transfer to all three apps

Accurate predictions

Easy to use

Complete customization

I personally will be sticking to Ovia alone to track my cycles but let me know what you use and how you like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Endometriosis must haves

As an Endometrisoisis suffer i am no stranger to debilitating pain on a consistent basis, because of this i have found a few things that work for me and i am going to share my must-have endometriosis items.   castor oil pack-  now these are super easy to make and i actually have a tutorial on my youtube channel on how to make one  click to go to the video . i love these because they actually help reduce my bloating if i catch it in time. electric blanket-  now i don't mean the ones that you put under the sheets on your bed i mean the ones you take with you on the couch and plug into the powerpoint, they are also known as heating pads in America.    coffee-  i do know this doesn't help everyone but for me at least when i get really crampy and its that kind of pain you get with bowel endometriosis that is so painful but you can't physically go  (if you know then you know)  coffee helps me get things moving  *TMI*  and help reduce that pain. an animal- yes  i

Questions | what do you want to see from my blog?

 This months blog post is a bit different. I have landed up pregnant and because of this, I am at a standstill on what to post. So my question for this blog post is what kind of Endometriosis videos and blog posts would you guys like to see? I have been busily writing a book on Endometriosis trying to get all the information sorted for the book, answering questions etc. at the moment it doesn't feel like a good book just yet so I want to know what you guys are dying to know, and what you want to see so I can make the book, My Endometriosis series and my blog more of what you want to know and see.

Resources to learn more about Endometriosis

While my book on endometriosis is finally in the editing stages, it has a while until it will be ready to be published. Still, I got to thinking about what resources there are now about endo, not only from a medical standpoint but also from a sufferers point of view. I found books for sale as well as other blog posts, which was amazing to see how much there is out there. Still, it got me thinking, people who don't know what they are looking for might never find any of these resources, so I thought I would make a blog post detailing what each resource is about and the link to that resource as well as ways you yourself can find information.  Disclaimer: Podcasts will not be involved in this post, but I do have a post on my blog from May 2021 all about endometriosis podcasts if that's what you are looking for.  So how do you find resources? The easiest way to find resources in your area would be to search up online Endometriosis and your area. Example. Endometriosis San Diego  Th